My debut in 1998 was an exhibition with drawings made in the technique of ink, lavis and dry brush on paper. Since 2005 I have been working with the oil techniques on canvas.
Born in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, living and working in France and currently in USA, being an artist for more than 25 years, I built imperceptibly a parallel world, intriguing and provoking me with endlessly interesting stories, personages and inspiring pictures of life.
The way I chose as a graphic artist, painter, designer, illustrator and art event organizer, led me to numerous personal and common art exhibitions, projects, international juried finals, nominations and awards.
I am a travelling artist with many faces, searching and keeping the balance between the rational and irrational beginning, physical and mind’s metamorphosis, flourishing in a variety of challenging shapes and colors.
The viewer of my paintings could linger, trying to discover hidden imagery, symbols and messages depending on his personal life experience, mood or view point.
I strive to observe and explore a new look into the “high art” of the world’s popular culture.
My usual art techniques are oil painting, acrylics or mixed technique by incorporating art materials from the reality and the daily life of the observer.
It is a mixture of light, images, pattern, texture, color, figuration, art nouveau, secession, abstraction, surrealism and naive deformation of the detail which often converts to a three dimensional space.
Multiplying layers of transparent varnishes and iridescent colors reflects richer and deeper on the general picture.
The typical foundation materials are organic handmade paper, dried flowers, oil and acrylics, scrap of old oil paints, Venetian plaster, ceramics, fabrics, structure pastes and sands. I sometimes finish the composition with golden leafs to emphasize the embellishment often interpreted as a piece of secession ornament.
I like the provocation with the contradicting structures like matt and glitter, simplicity and complicity, thinness and thickness of the shapes.
It accomplishes my perception for a completion of the composition.
The body of my work also evokes a reminiscent of Gaudi’s colorful architecture, Art Nouveau and Viennese Secession, Renaissance, pieces and artifacts from the Thracian epoch, where my roots come from and partial implements from the Roman period in Europe in the Late Antiquity.
The most arresting concept visuals in my paintings are the stylized mans and woman’s profiles and portraits, as well as the naive characters emerging from the colorful explosions bringing humoresque and unspeakable joy.
My paintings are owned by private collectors in USA, United Kingdom, Taiwan, Russia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Germany, Austria, Australia, France, Belgium, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Hungary, Serbia, etc.
- Master degree in Education in Fine Arts /Academy of Music, Dance and Fine Arts/ – Plovdiv, Bulgaria; Speciality “Graphics” under the guidance of Prof. Vladimir Genadiev and “Pedagogy of Fine Arts” under the guidance of Prof. Bisser Damyanov.
- Bachelor degree in Fine Arts /Academy of Music, Dance and Fine Arts/ – Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Speciality “Graphics” under the guidance of Prof. Vladimir Genadiev
- 2017 – “Whimsical” – Exhibition with paintings in Caffery Gallery, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
- 2017 – “To tame” – Exhibition with paintings and ink-drawings in P.A.R.K.Store gallery, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 2016 – “Spring Art Aleys” – Exhibition with paintings in Splendid Hotel & Spa; Nice, France
- 2016 – “Alisa”, Bibliotheque Municipale & Association Menton-Sotchi, Menton; France
- 2012 – “Air Bridges”, Le Papillon Gallery, Varna, Bulgaria
- 2012 – Exhibition in art Gallery ” ‘t hof te puttens”, Lede, Belgium
- 2012 – “A Recipe for Magic”, Gildo Pastor Centre Art Gallery, Monaco
- 2011 – “A Recipe for Magic”, Jorj Papazoff Gallery and Novotel Plovdiv, Bulgaria /painting/
- 2010 – “Colorfull Stories”, Bulgarian Culture Institute “House Wittgenstein”, Vienna, Austria /painting/
- 2010 – “Fragments”, “Pironessa” gallery, Plovdiv, Bulgaria /painting/
- 2010 – “Stories of Angels”, “Jorj Papazoff” gallery, Novotel Plovdiv, Bulgaria /painting/
- 2009 – “Mosaics”- “Urban Gallery – Karlovo”, Karlovo, Bulgaria /painting/
- 2009 – “Some minutes or less”, “Minerva” gallery, Grand Hotel Sofia, Bulgaria /painting/
- 2008 – “In-Sense”, “Minerva” gallery, Grand Hotel Sofia, Bulgaria /painting/
- 2006 – “Art Plus” gallery, Plovdiv, Bulgaria / painting/
- 2004 – “Jorj Papazov” gallery, Plovdiv, Bulgaria /drawings and graphic/
- 1998 – “Vazrazhdane” gallery, Plovdiv, Bulgaria /drawings/
More important participations:
- 2019 – “Breeze from the East”, New Orleans Art Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
- 2019 – Annual art Show – White Light Night ‘2019, Elizabethan Gallery, LA, USA
- 2019 – “Bulgarian Summer in Kapana” Art Naive in Kapana Gallery, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 2019 – Salon of Naive and Intuitive Art, permanent exhibition, Town art Gallery in Belogradchik, Bulgaria
- 2018 – “49th National River Road Show”, juried art exhibition, Louisiana State Archives Building, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- 2018 – “Hot Art, Cool Nights 2018” at Pink Elephant’s Mid-City, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- 2018 – “4th annual Holiday Market at the Mill”, New Roads, LA,USA
- 2018 – “Art Soirée” – one day show by Mariana Kalacheva and Orsolya Heim; Private property; Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- 2018 – “Brush with Burden”, juried art exhibition, Burden center, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- 2017 – “Perkins Rowe art festival”, Arts Council of Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- 2017 – Vernice Art fair – Forli Fiera, ArtExpo Gallery, Italy
- 2016 – Colorida Art, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2015 – ART Revolution, an international art contest & art fair, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2014 – Arte Internacional Naif, BCM gallery & CT Art Gallery, Reus , Tarragona, Spain
- 2014 – Arte Internacional Naif in BCM gallery, Barcelona, Spain
- 2014 – 4-me Rendez-vous des artistes Naifs/Verneul sur Avre, France
- 2014 – SIAC (Salon international d’art contemporain), Marseille, France
- 2013 – Artistes du Monde, International Exposition of Contemporary Art; Salon du Veux Port, Cannes,France
- 2013 – Summer exhibition – ‘t hof te puttens”, Lede, Belgium
- 2012 – Summer exhibition – ‘t hof te puttens”, Lede, Belgium
- 2012 – “100- years Society of the Artists from South Bulgaria” – Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 2012 – “Exhibition Circus & Carnaval”, presented by Gildo Pastor Centre Art Gallery – Monaco
- 2011 – ” Femmes du Monde” – Ste Agnes, Medievale, Cote d’Azur France
- 2011 – “Vino deco”, exposition art naif, Chateau Verez, Cote d’Azur, France
- 2011 – “A flower for Palm Sunday” – Vox Art Gallery, Bourgas, Bulgaria
- 2011 – “Ladies choice”- opening with the special participation of the actor Stefan Danailov, Mall-Gallery Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 2010 – “Christmas Exhibition 2010″ , Business Hotel Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 2010 – “Exhibition of the Young Artists”, “AAP”, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 2009 – “Tuyap” , “Jorj Papazov” & “Valor” galleries, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2009 – “15 x 5″ – project by Lyubena Hadzhiyska, /AAP/
- 2007 – “77” –exhibition of artists, born in 1977. – “Art Plus”, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 2007 – Krapetz Plain air, Minicipality of Shabla, Bulgaria
- 2007 – “Love and Wine”, Tourist Information Center, Hissar, Bulgaria
- 2006 – “Annual Exhibition” Common of the Association of the artists in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 2005 – XVII-th International Bienal of Humor and Satire – Gabrovo, Bulgaria
- 2004 – Curator of the project “Exhibition of the Young Artists” – /AAP/
- 2004 – Fourth International Triennal of Graphic Arts – Sofia, Bulgaria
- 2004 – Representative exhibition of graphic’s artists from Plovdiv, “Culture Centre”- Nis, Serbia
- 1998 – “The surrealism in Plovdiv”, “Vazrazhdane” gallery, Plovdiv, Bulgaria7 – ARTE Cremona; ArtExpo Gallery, Casalpusterlengo, Italy
- 2008 – Prize for the National Competition “Words in Color”, Pazardzhik, Bulgaria
- 2010 – Young Artist’s Prize by the Association of the Artists in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 2015 – Awarded in the International competition Art Revolution- Art Fair, Taipei, Taiwan
- 1998 – 2002 – Illustrator of fantasy magazine “Zona F” by general editing of Agop Melkonyan, Bulgaria
- 2002 – 2003 – “Chitalishte Vazrazhdane – Plovdiv” by “Chitaliste Project” which goal is to strengthen the community role of the Chitalishte as traditional cultural and educational centers in Bulgaria. Provided by (UNDP), MATRA and (USAID) developing programs.
- 05. 2013 – Pediatric department of the Hospital in Sicily: painted wall composition by the picture “ The tightrope dancer” /The project is made by the director of department Domenico Cipolla.
- 23-27. 05.2013 – LA Balkan Fest 2013 ‘Supports I Can Too / Petro Dushkov : П.Ч.Е.Л.А & MAHALATA – Los Angeles/USA
- 12.2013 – Illustrator to the story “The Dream of a grain of sand” – by Victoria Levi- Rueven
- 01.2014 – “Suggestopedic course for harmonious relationships with our children” organized by Vihrovenia –Centre of classical suggestopedy , Bulgaria
- 29.May.2015 – FALCON YACHTS – Open day of Art exhibition & Buffet cocktail served on board of the motor yacht in Port Canto, Cannes, France
- 19.06.2015 – White Russian Night –One day exhibition, Stars n’Bars, Monaco
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- 3D MAX Design
- Microsoft Office
Activities and skills:
- 1995 -2004 Assistance- gallerist in Art gallery “Vazrazhdane”, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 2004 – Curator of the project “Exhibition of the Young Artists” – /AAP/ Association of the Artists in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 2006 -2007 Assistance- gallerist in “Art Plus” – art gallery, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Since starting my professional way of being an artist, I amplify my experience through the curiosity to the details of the forms beyond the ordinary world.
If you are willing to join yourself or your kids to my workshops, please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or at lessons.com. Thank you!